Monday, October 24, 2011

Sugar Land.

Sugar Land will always be home to me. I had the most amazing Fall break in sweet Sugar Land, Texas. I got to see my family, hang out with friends (a highlight being my best friend Amy Reed;) ), and pretty much take a breathe and catch up on life in Texas. It's crazy how similar it feels to be back home, but yet how different it is. I'm not used to being in my own house and living out of a suitcase. I'm not used to going home feeling like a vacation. But even so, it was the best vacation ever.

Zach & I right after I got off the plane.
I definitely didn't realize how much I would miss Sugar Land. Family and friends aside, my favorite thing about being back was just getting to drive around in my truck to all of the places I used to go too. I'm really blessed to have such a great hometown.

Even though Sugar Land will always be my home, I know that it was the right thing for me to leave there. I know that I wouldn't have all of the opportunities I have now if I had stayed within my comfort zone. I'm back in beautiful Tennessee now, and I love it. It was really great to be home, but at the same time I wasn't dreading coming back to school. I love it here. It's crazy how I can feel so at home in two very different places. I guess I'm just doubly blessed.

To everyone I saw this past week who said they're following my blog: thanks! It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself. I love you, Sugar Land. See you at Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment