Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Remember that time I asked to be stretched?

I do. I remember saying "Hey God, use me. I want to make a difference for Your Kingdom. Take me completely out of my comfort zone."

Well the awesome thing about God is that He never fails to answer prayers. The thing is, I don't think I knew just what I was praying for. While I still definitely want everything I asked Him for, to be taken out of my comfort zone, I wasn't exactly thinking about the journey it would take to get there. 
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
 Everything about where I am is new right now. New faces, new places, new relationships, new experiences, new struggles, new joys; it's all just a bunch of newness. (Wow, I'm eloquent).

But this is my life now, and no matter how new and different everything is, I have to adapt. I think I'm doing pretty well so far, with the help of the Lord. He's provided for me so much since I've been here; it blows my mind how much He's taking care of me. He's making me feel comfortable being outside of my comfort zone, if that makes sense.

My life here is great. I would never complain about it, because it was my choice to pack up and move so far away from home. I'm still finding my place, but I thank God everyday for what He is doing here. I have to be stretched in order for Him to fulfill His purpose with me here. Sometimes being stretched makes you sore (look out, corny analogy), but it's always worth it. You can't get anywhere by staying within your comfort zone.

Even if I have to wake up each morning and tell myself over again, I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be.
And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left.
Well, that was a lot of disorganized rambling. This is basically what I've been thinking about a lot lately. I'm going home today, and I'm so excited. I can't wait to see all of my family and friends back in Texas, but I also can't wait to get back here and see how God continues to work in my life. He really is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment