Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Full house!

For the first time since this Summer everyone in my family is back under one roof! My brother and sister-in-law drove in from DC tonight (with two cats!), which means Buck, Anna, Collin, Kalli, Tyler, Caroline and Zach are finally together again! It's pure happiness.
My parents

Time to take a moment and talk about how amazing my family is. Truly, they are incredible, and my proudest obsession. Something amazing happens in the room when all of my family is back together. We all get each other. There's a level of closeness there that I don't think I'll ever have with another group of people--and no one can make me laugh harder than my family. They're the best group of people I know.

Another thing I love about my family: we're all passionate about something, and we're all chasing the thing we're passionate about. This year my parent's have started travelling all around the US preaching at conferences and furthering they're ministry, and it's just the beginning. Along with pastoring a church here in Texas, I believe they'll spend a lot of time taking God's Word all across the globe. And they love it.

Collin and Kalli
On the front page!
My oldest brother, Collin (24), and his wife, Kalli (23), just got back from Washington DC, where he once again amazed his editors at yet another prestigious newspaper. You can always tell that someone is doing what God wants them to do when they are succeeding far beyond everyone's expectations. I'm so proud of him and his wife, Kalli, who is also acting on her dreams of working in the fashion industry.
A screenshot from one of Tyler's movies

Tyler, Zach and I are chasing our own dreams too, but our futures are less defined than the older members of our family. Tyler (21) is studying film, and he's amazingly gifted in all things editing, writing, directing and whatever else comes with the field. He's going to be huge. I'm currently studying journalism, purely for the reason that that's where God has me, and I like it. But don't ask me what I want to do with my degree, because I don't have a clue. My passion is Christ, so I know that I'll always end up where I'm suppose to be when I'm chasing him. Zach (17) is the bravest of all of us. In about 3 weeks he'll be at a ministry school in Colorado, training for a month long outreach somewhere in the Himalayas. He has a fire in his heart for evangelism, and he's not letting his young age keep him from sharing the love of Christ now.

Zach and I at Collin and Kalli's wedding
Sorry this blog was so long and drawn out, but I think it was worth it--I could talk about my family forever. I'm happiest when I'm with my family, and I'm so beyond ecstatic that Christmas has brought us all back together.

Merry Christmas! I hope you are cherishing your family this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment