Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The past 30 days

I've been in college for a month now, and since everyone has told me that this is going to be the best time of my life, I figured I should document my experiences so far.
 So...
In the last 30 days, I have...
  • Moved 900 miles away from home
  • Experienced rain for the first time in months (heavy, goes-on-for-days rain)
  • Let coffee become a part of my (almost) daily routine
  • Gone White Water rafting
  • Been to Georgia (for the first time....?)
  • Written 7 papers and 2 newspaper articles
  • Met no more than 5 people from Texas, if that
  • Heard the most adorable southern (and a few northern) accents
  • Met girls who have become like sisters
  • Missed my family, friends, and basically just Texas in general
  • Been surrounded by red brick buildings, trees, and gorgeous Tennessee weather; I love it.
  • Seen more clogged toilets than I had hoped too in a lifetime. Community bathrooms are lovely. 
  • Watched She's the Man twice (and I've quoted it about with my roommate about 200 times)
  • Established 4570357294354954 crazy funny inside jokes with my amazing roommates
  • Gained the nickname "Ginger," to help my friends identify me from my roommate...far stretch right?
  • Become really really great friends with my roommates (if you can't tell from the past 3 points...)
  • Finished the Hunger Games. Team Peeta :)
  • Turned 19
  • Joined a dance troupe, and it's awesome
  • found out my favorite person is caroline kindiger
  • Found out I shouldn't let Caroline Kindiger read my posts before they're finished
  • Oh yeah, and I've gone to school. 
Basically, I love college, and I've been blessed beyond my wildest imagination.
Till next time. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment