Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Remember me?

Oh, hey there!

I don't have a good reason for not blogging all year, except for the fact that I just didn't feel like it. Also, because I truly value the art of writing, I felt like I couldn't blog unless I had something especially meaningful to write about, and that scared me. 

But then I remembered why I started this blog: to keep people from home updated on my new adventures in college. Last year this Texas girl was scared out of her mind in Tennessee, and I guess writing made home feel closer.


Then a funny thing happened: I got used to Tennessee, and Tennessee got used to me. As much as I will always love Texas, Tennessee is where I'm at right now, and I'm more than okay with it. I still cherish my home and my relationships there, but I've found other ways to stay connected to them. Writing quick updates on my life just didn't seem necessary anymore.

Yet, this week, as I've been enjoying a few calmer moments in the craziest season of my life, I realized that I still have a lot to write about. 

I can't always promise meaningful posts, or even anything on a regular basis, but I can promise that I will try. I've been wandering around quite a bit since last May, and I'd love to catch you up.


No comments:

Post a Comment