Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's a great day to be thankful.

It's that time of year, folks :) Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I have quite a lot to be thankful for. So as cliche as it is, here's a list of what I'm thankful for at this very moment:

  • I'm thankful that I go to a completely Christ centered university where students and faculty have the freedom to worship God together.
  • I'm thankful that in a week and a half I'll be home with my family for Thanksgiving.
  • I'm thankful that after Thanksgiving comes Christmas, and my constant giddiness can be labeled as "Christmas Cheer."
  • I'm thankful for a beautiful, like-minded roommate who loves to listen to Christmas music as much as I do, and as early as I do. 
  • I'm thankful that my brother and sister-in-law have a great life in DC, even though I'll miss them this Thanksgiving.
  • I'm thankful for cold weather, red leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, cardigans, Christmas decorations, and everything else that makes this the greatest time of year.
  • I'm thankful that Lee is so missions minded, and I am constantly reminded that life isn't all about me. I'm thankful for the opportunities they are giving me to serve this holiday season. 
I'm overwhelmed by how much Christ has blessed me, even though I fail to bring Him the praise He deserves. My goal this holiday season is to share my blessings and joy with others, and ultimately to bring glory to His kingdom. I hope you are blessed with abundant joy this Thanksgiving :)

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" -Psalm 107:1 

1 comment:

  1. Often we look at our life as being hard and our suffering long and tedious, and thus so often we forget to put on our armor and then God has to punish us. 2Samuel 19:7B will be worse unto thee than all the evil that befell thee from thy youth until now. God does punish us for our sins of our youth. Come follow my blog.

    ReplyDelete